In honor of today, I’m answering my least favorite question I get when I tell people I’m vegan:
“So, what do you eat?”
Sorry to disappoint you, but meat, cheese, milk and eggs are not actually main food groups. There are literally hundreds of kinds of fruits and vegetables and grains out there to choose from that are better for both your body and the environment. So my answer to them? Everything else. If my lazy vegan butt can do it, yours sure can too.
Here’s just a list of a few of my favorites so you can get an idea.
- An apple and a KIND bar
- Vegan cereal with almond milk
- Oatmeal and berries
- Fruit salad
- Tofu scramble (Boston, Trident makes a mean one!)
- Tempeh bacon
- Home fries
- Lentil soup
- Baby kale salad with avocado, sprouts and siracha
- Burrito with black beans, lettuce, chipotle lime tofu, guacamole, parsley and pico de gallo
- Seitanthony’s Feast, Sweet Potato and Buffalo Tempeh tacos via The Taco Party
- Pad Thai with Vegetables and Tofu (no egg)
- Vietnamese Tofu Summer Rolls
- Avocado maki and miso soup
- Vegetable stir-fry and quinoa
And for those of you who are looking to eat cleaner but don’t know where to begin, here’s my go-to grocery list!
A Basic Week’s Grocery list:
- 4-5 Organic red apples
- 3-4 Avocadoes
- 1-2 boxes of kale/salad mix
- A pack of berries
- 1 box KIND Bars* (Their Madagascar Vanilla’s pretty amazing)
- 2 365 Organic lentil soups
- 2 Thai sweet potato soups
- 4 boxes of kale chips (I’m obsessed with Brad’s Raw Leafy Kale)
- 2 Bell Peppers
I’ve also been on a bit of a vegan baking kick lately (and by a bit, I mean making at 2-3 of these things every week) so you should definitely give them try! My non-vegan friends literally beg me to keep making them so that must mean they’re good, right?
Favorite Vegan Desserts Recipes:
Hopefully that helps you get a better idea of what eating like a vegan’s like, and maybe intrigued enough to try a recipe or two! Also feel free to check out my Pinterest boards for lots more mouth-watering ways to eat your veggies!